> Hotel Pet Check Service
Pet-Friendly Hotels and Motels
Please see our pet-friendly hotel pages
for the latest info on pet-friendly hotels.
Free "Pet Check" Service
If you would like us to call a hotel to confirm its pet policy, send the name of the hotel & the city in which it's located to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no charge for this service.
More Information about Pet-Friendly Hotels and Motels
- The majority of US and Canada hotels, motels, and resorts do not allow guests to have pets of any sort in their rooms.
- A pet-friendly hotel is a hotel that does allow guests to have a dog, cat, or other small animal in their rooms.
- Some pet-friendly hotels do not charge extra for pets. But many charge either a per stay or per night pet fee. These fees are usually non-refundable.
A deposit, on the other hand, will usually be refunded if your pet does no damage.
HotelGuides provides information about non-refundable pet fees, but not about refundable pet deposits.
- Some hotels are dog-friendly only. Cats are not allowed.
- Most hotels will expel dogs that bark and disturb other guests.
- Many hotels restrict pets to smoking rooms or to a limited number of "pet rooms."
- All hotels should allow service animals. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, which regulates the Americans with Disabilities Act, "People with disabilities who use service animals cannot be charged extra fees, isolated from other patrons, or treated less favorably than other patrons."
- We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the pet related information in this guide, as some hotels change their pet policies and fees often.
However, we will be happy to call a hotel to check its current pet policy. Just email the name of the hotel and the city in which it's located to email@example.com.
- If a pet-friendly hotel's listing has an updated date but no weight limit for pets, then it likely has no weight limit. But pet-friendly hotels that do not have an updated date may have a weight limit. We recommend that you write us about these hotels.
- Important: To make sure you don't have a problem when you check in, please briefly describe the pet or pets you plan to bring in the "Special Requests" box near the bottom of our online room reservation form.